Messanger and firewall

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi
I try to use messanger to make audio calling from my network. I have a
firewall Sonicwall 200Pro, I configure to enable messanger protocoll, but
everytime i try to make audio call it's doesn't work.
Can help me please.
Tia Pupo
1 answer Last reply
More about messanger firewall
  1. Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

    Greetings Pupo,

    In order to utilize Messenger's audio features from a "network" (where NAT is in place at
    least), you will need to have support for Universal Plug and Play (UPnP). As far as I'm
    aware, Sonicwall still doesn't support UPnP so this functionality won't work.
    Jonathan Kay
    Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
    Associate Expert

    "Pupo" <123star@libero.it> wrote in message news:OMQHXqY7EHA.824@TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl...
    > Hi
    > I try to use messanger to make audio calling from my network. I have a
    > firewall Sonicwall 200Pro, I configure to enable messanger protocoll, but
    > everytime i try to make audio call it's doesn't work.
    > Can help me please.
    > Tia Pupo

Firewalls Audio Microsoft Windows XP