D-Link DI 624 router problems

Is anyone able to videoconference with firmware 2.50?
Although UPnP is enabled, i can only connect to a wireless
machine inside my firewall. Anyone?

with my linksys router...been jackin with it for over 3
weeks now...

anyway..boils down to :

had my sprint dsl modem set up as router also...
router into router.... bad
reconfigure sprint modem into bridge....
bridge into router...good

finally reconfigure linksys router to run PPPoe instead
of trying to run from dhcp....

things finally working perfect...

goofy part was...for 3 weeks I would get limited
connectivity...no rhyme or reason... just kinda
happened...

not many sites will explicity come out and say "don't run
a router into a router"

anyway..maybe its something you can use...Happy New
Year...

Hi,

Actually, you *can* do router to a router (something we call double NATing). But, you cannot
use Messenger's features in this scenario (as UPnP really doesn't like this situation).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert