problem with composition: netgear adaptor - linksys access..

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 7, 2004 1:39:12 AM

Hello there,

A few days ago I bought a Netgear wireless adaptor (WG511T) and a
Linksys Wireless-G access point (WAP54G-EU). My wired LAN contains a
linux box with the role of router/firewall/gateway/NAT towards the
internet. I plugged the access point in this wired internal network and
configured it. (the network has 10.0.0.0/24, the gateway 10.0.0.254 and
the access point 10.0.0.253). I use static IP (no DHCP) and WEP.

In windows xp the wireless adaptor of my laptop is able to connect to
the access point (I configured the adaptor to have IP 10.0.0.2, I
suppose that is right). But eventhough it is connected, it seems like
nothing gets through te wireless interface (I disabled the wired
interface). While locally sniffing the wireless interface I noticed that
nothing gets send while pinging for example the gateway or access point.
The leds on the adaptor confirm this because they blink slowly, meaning
"connected but no activity").

To me is seems like a routing problem on my laptop itself. But "route"
shows exactly the same tables as when using the wired interface (with
the IP's substituted ofcourse). Another possibility is a malconfigured
network. Has anyone an idea? Some help would be very appreciated!

thanks in advance,

--
Thomas
Anonymous

Problem solved, seemed like a WEP-problem between the netgear adaptor
and the linksys access point. I'm using 128 bit keys now and it works fine.

!