trancend1

Distinguished
Oct 10, 2001
hi all. Recently assembled a system based around the dragon + and am having problems getting my pioneer dvd/cd-rom recognized on the IDE ports 3 + 4 (tried both).
I have
-a Western Digital hd on IDE 1 set to master
-a tdk 24x burner on IDE 2. also set to master

I heard you should have you burner and cd-roms on different cables to avoid performance problems. Also when I try to burn a cd in Nero, it tells me the same thing (about the different cables).

The dvd is recognized when set to slave on the same cable as the burner @ master.

If anyone has any idea what might be going on, I would appreciate any input.

thanks

Not being a SOYO fan I don't know the mobo, but isn't IDE ports 3 & 4 for ATA100 / RAID devices?

<b><font color=blue>~scribble~</font color=blue></b> :wink: <A HREF="http://www.ud.com/home.htm" target="_new">Help cure cancer.</A>

G

I believe there's a jumper on the mobo to switch the ports from raid mode to ide mode. Have you checked this?

:redface:

G

Make sure you have enabled the ATI/RAID in the bios, if you don't do that these ports will not work. If you have a ata100 hd, it would be better to install it here & use ports 1 & 2 for your DVD & Burner.

I couldn't come up with anything funny 8(

pat

Expert
false...you did not read your manual completly...In page 164, in the FAQ;

Q: Can I use ATAPI device on the fasttrak100-lite?
A:No. There is no driver layer on the fasttrak-lite controller which will support ATAPI packet messages.

So, forget about cd rom, dvd, burner,...all those use ATAPI.

->And this is...................ACTION!