deleting accounts from msn

over the last year or so, there have been a few people access their msn
from my pc. Their accounts remain on my msn sign in drop down (even
after deleting and reinstalling msn)
The only way ive been able ot delete these accounts was through a
complete format

does any one know of a way to delete all the old unused accounts leav
ing just the one i use now?

thanks

--
CheekyChef

Greetings CheekyChef,

To remove these names, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click
User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of
the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that
opens, you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
(Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
screenshots on this procedure, see here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"CheekyChef" <CheekyChef.1i24h0@pcbanter.net> wrote in message

> over the last year or so, there have been a few people access their msn
> from my pc. Their accounts remain on my msn sign in drop down (even
> after deleting and reinstalling msn)
> The only way ive been able ot delete these accounts was through a
> complete format
>
> does any one know of a way to delete all the old unused accounts leav
> ing just the one i use now?
>
> thanks
>

> --
> CheekyChef

Jonathan,
My problem is similiar, but different ... A friend used my computer and used
my windows messenger, but I had never used it before. He has since went back
home and I now have an account. The problem is his passport account is
default on my messenger. It even logs in on HIS account automatically. This
is embarrasing and I want to get his account information off. I did as you
instructed Cheeky Chief but my account is the only one listed. I downloaded
6.2 but after installation it still has his information as default. I need
to get rid of his account info and make mine the default. Anything you can
do to help?

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings CheekyChef,
>
> To remove these names, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click
> User Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of
> the screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that
> opens, you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
> (Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
> screenshots on this procedure, see here:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "CheekyChef" <CheekyChef.1i24h0@pcbanter.net> wrote in message
> >
> > over the last year or so, there have been a few people access their msn
> > from my pc. Their accounts remain on my msn sign in drop down (even
> > after deleting and reinstalling msn)
> > The only way ive been able ot delete these accounts was through a
> > complete format
> >
> > does any one know of a way to delete all the old unused accounts leav
> > ing just the one i use now?
> >
> > thanks
> >

> > --
> > CheekyChef

Hi,

Do the same thing as below, except remove the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry as well.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert