SIP "Make a Phone Call"

I don't have "Make a Phone Call" from the Actions menu
needed for normal SIP calls. Any solutions?

-Windows Messenger 5.1.0369
-Windows XP SP2
-Can make Voice and WebCam calls no problem.
-Can make SIP calls only using Action, Start a Voice
Conversation, Other
-Logged in to proxy01.sipphone.com good
-Direct DSL PC
-Disabled Symantec Client Firewall 7.1.2.1021
-Tryed running "Universal Plug and Play Device Host"
Service
-Tryed installing UPNP

Greetings Remo,

This functionality has been removed.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Remo Dechellis" <msngwm@dechellis.net> wrote in message
>I don't have "Make a Phone Call" from the Actions menu
> needed for normal SIP calls. Any solutions?
>
> -Windows Messenger 5.1.0369
> -Windows XP SP2
> -Can make Voice and WebCam calls no problem.
> -Can make SIP calls only using Action, Start a Voice
> Conversation, Other
> -Logged in to proxy01.sipphone.com good
> -Direct DSL PC
> -Disabled Symantec Client Firewall 7.1.2.1021
> -Tryed running "Universal Plug and Play Device Host"
> Service
> -Tryed installing UPNP

Thanks.

Incredibly Help shows it is still there and websites show
previous versions had it.

I'll start using another SIP SoftPhone.

I hope Microsoft increases its SIP support for Messenger.

Jonathan Kay.

>"Remo Dechellis" <msngwm@dechellis.net> wrote in message
>>I don't have "Make a Phone Call" from the Actions menu
>> needed for normal SIP calls. Any solutions?
>>
>> -Windows Messenger 5.1.0369
>> -Windows XP SP2
>> -Can make Voice and WebCam calls no problem.
>> -Can make SIP calls only using Action, Start a Voice
>> Conversation, Other
>> -Logged in to proxy01.sipphone.com good
>> -Direct DSL PC
>> -Disabled Symantec Client Firewall 7.1.2.1021
>> -Tryed running "Universal Plug and Play Device Host"
>> Service
>> -Tryed installing UPNP
>

>.

Hi Remo,

Sorry about this (guess I wasn't thinking 100% when originally responding), but you can add
this back in Windows Messenger 5.x with a .reg file but this is for SIP support only (for
Googlers, this will not restore the .NET PC to Phone service as in previous versions of
Messenger).

Simply close Messenger, then download and run the following .reg file:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/corppc.reg
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Remo Dechellis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks.
>
> Incredibly Help shows it is still there and websites show
> previous versions had it.
>
> I'll start using another SIP SoftPhone.
>
> I hope Microsoft increases its SIP support for Messenger.

Jonathan,
Thanks for the reg file, it was very helpful. I was wondering if
there is anyway to harness the video capabilities of ms messenger with
this keypad. Any suggestions?

Louis

Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
> Hi Remo,
>
> Sorry about this (guess I wasn't thinking 100% when originally
responding), but you can add
> this back in Windows Messenger 5.x with a .reg file but this is for
SIP support only (for
> Googlers, this will not restore the .NET PC to Phone service as in
previous versions of
> Messenger).
>
> Simply close Messenger, then download and run the following .reg
file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/corppc.reg
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Remo Dechellis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Incredibly Help shows it is still there and websites show
> > previous versions had it.
> >
> > I'll start using another SIP SoftPhone.
> >
> > I hope Microsoft increases its SIP support for Messenger.

Hi Louis,

I'm afraid not, it's limited to audio.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"pk" <panicked.kernel@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Jonathan,
> Thanks for the reg file, it was very helpful. I was wondering if
> there is anyway to harness the video capabilities of ms messenger with
> this keypad. Any suggestions?
>
> Louis
>
> Jonathan Kay [MVP] wrote:
>> Hi Remo,
>>
>> Sorry about this (guess I wasn't thinking 100% when originally
> responding), but you can add
>> this back in Windows Messenger 5.x with a .reg file but this is for
> SIP support only (for
>> Googlers, this will not restore the .NET PC to Phone service as in
> previous versions of
>> Messenger).
>>
>> Simply close Messenger, then download and run the following .reg
> file:
>> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/corppc.reg
>> Jonathan Kay
>> Associate Expert
>>
>> "Remo Dechellis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message
>> > Thanks.
>> >
>> > Incredibly Help shows it is still there and websites show
>> > previous versions had it.
>> >
>> > I'll start using another SIP SoftPhone.
>> >
>> > I hope Microsoft increases its SIP support for Messenger.

Is it possible to send dtmf via this pad (either audio channel or RTP
control channel, or any channel for that matter)

regards

Charles

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Hi Remo,
>
> Sorry about this (guess I wasn't thinking 100% when originally responding), but you can add
> this back in Windows Messenger 5.x with a .reg file but this is for SIP support only (for
> Googlers, this will not restore the .NET PC to Phone service as in previous versions of
> Messenger).
>
> Simply close Messenger, then download and run the following .reg file:
> http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/corppc.reg
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Remo Dechellis" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Thanks.
> >
> > Incredibly Help shows it is still there and websites show
> > previous versions had it.
> >
> > I'll start using another SIP SoftPhone.
> >
> > I hope Microsoft increases its SIP support for Messenger.

Greetings Charles,

I believe if you use the numbers on your keypad on your keyboard, that they're sent as DTMF
tones. If that doesn't work, try holding down the ALT key and then doing it (sorry, don't
have it setup here to test).
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert