Setting up my wireless network.

I am using a Dell Truemobile 1170 (access point) to create my wireless
network and two laptops with wireless built in (both HP's, one running xp
home and one running xp pro). I have my dsl connection going directly into
the access point and everything seems to work ok except that my wireless
connection keeps getting dropped. I can "view available wireless networks"
and re-connect to the network but it is a big hassle to constantly
reconnect. Is there some setting when I set up the network that would allow
my laptop to seek other networks or something to that nature??? Also the
access point says it has a built in firewall but should I consider that
enough protection? I have turned off the firewall built in to xp home so the
network is functional. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Also if
anybody knows of a good website to help explain how all this stuff works it
would be greatly appreciated.

Go to the Wireless Zero configuration and disable the 802.1x authentication.
Also make sure your notebooks don't power down the wifi adaptor when 'dozing
off'.
Regards,
Martin

TRENDING THREADS