Using default browser with MSN messenger

MSN messenger 6.2 and 7.0 beta insists on using IE for opening links.
However I use AVANT BROWSER.
How do I fix it so the pages open up in avant?

Thanks
3 answers Last reply
More about using default browser messenger

    Greetings Kenny,

    Actually the last version of 6.2 and 7.0 should open links within your default browser. The
    only exception is Hotmail which will open in IE exclusively.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > MSN messenger 6.2 and 7.0 beta insists on using IE for opening links.
    > However I use AVANT BROWSER.
    > How do I fix it so the pages open up in avant?
    >
    > Thanks

    I do not mean opening hotmail... but opening links other people send me in
    the chats

    "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    > MSN messenger 6.2 and 7.0 beta insists on using IE for opening links.
    > However I use AVANT BROWSER.
    > How do I fix it so the pages open up in avant?
    >
    > Thanks

    its not working.....with avant!
    I found out the way to make hotmail open in avant (via a plugin of Messenger
    plus!),
    but not links sent by others.

    It must be a problem with avant becuase it is alot like explorer.

    Do you have any idea how I can resolve this?

    > Greetings Kenny,
    >
    > Actually the last version of 6.2 and 7.0 should open links within your
    > default browser. The only exception is Hotmail which will open in IE
    > exclusively.
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Kenny S" <hotmail@coldmail.com> wrote in message
    >> MSN messenger 6.2 and 7.0 beta insists on using IE for opening links.
    >> However I use AVANT BROWSER.
    >> How do I fix it so the pages open up in avant?
    >>
    >> Thanks

Default Browsers MSN Messenger Windows XP