slow moving messenger...

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

jonathan, any ideas why, when ever i click on something in the taskbar, it
works fine and goes STRAIGHT onto that program, except with messenger? i
click on a conversation... and i wait... after about 20 seconds it comes up.

double click on msnmsgr.exe in systray, comes up fine.

if i alt+tab it, it come up straight away.

using msn 7.0 with msgplus 3.4

zack :eek:)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

just tried again,

the alt+tab thing is slow as well
and doin it from the systray, yer... slow.

sorry :eek:p

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Greetings Zack,

Very odd. Do you happen to have a large background selected as your default background for
conversations?
Jonathan Kay
Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
Associate Expert

"Sir Zack Whittaker" <zackwhittaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> jonathan, any ideas why, when ever i click on something in the taskbar, it
> works fine and goes STRAIGHT onto that program, except with messenger? i
> click on a conversation... and i wait... after about 20 seconds it comes up.
>
> double click on msnmsgr.exe in systray, comes up fine.
>
> if i alt+tab it, it come up straight away.
>
> using msn 7.0 with msgplus 3.4
>
> zack :eek:)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

hehe i think iv found the problem,

i just remembered patchou relelased 3.40.112 after finding a memory leak in
3.40.110

think iv got it now :eek:)

> Greetings Zack,
>
> Very odd. Do you happen to have a large background selected as your
default background for
> conversations?
> Jonathan Kay
> Microsoft MVP - MSN Messenger/Windows Messenger
> Associate Expert
>
> "Sir Zack Whittaker" <zackwhittaker@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > jonathan, any ideas why, when ever i click on something in the taskbar,
it
> > works fine and goes STRAIGHT onto that program, except with messenger? i
> > click on a conversation... and i wait... after about 20 seconds it comes
up.

> > double click on msnmsgr.exe in systray, comes up fine.
> >
> > if i alt+tab it, it come up straight away.
> >
> > using msn 7.0 with msgplus 3.4
> >
> > zack :eek:)

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.msn.messenger,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Hi Zack,

Ah yes, I forget about that myself.