Perc 4Di / Raid5 / Acronis / Expand System Partition

I have a PowerEdge 2650 server running Windows 2000 server on a RAID 5
drive array (PERC 4/Di). The RAID array consisted of (3) 36gb drives. I
added a 4th drive and expanded the RAID volume using the Dell Array
Manager, but the Windows partition did not expand. Dell is telling me
that I need to rebuild my server. Not something that I want to do. I've
purchased a copy of Acronis's Disk Director v9 product, which reportedly
will allow me to expand my system partition to use the additional space.
Before letting it go, I wanted to see if anyone has used this product to
expand their RAID array on a PERC 4Di, and if they encountered any problems.

Thanks.

John
(Note: remove 'nospam' to reply to email address)
1 answer Last reply
More about perc raid5 acronis expand system partition

    "John" <ctcmptrdr@nospam.sbcglobal.net> wrote in message
    >I have a PowerEdge 2650 server running Windows 2000 server on a RAID 5
    >drive array (PERC 4/Di). The RAID array consisted of (3) 36gb drives. I
    >added a 4th drive and expanded the RAID volume using the Dell Array
    >Manager, but the Windows partition did not expand. Dell is telling me that
    >I need to rebuild my server. Not something that I want to do. I've
    >purchased a copy of Acronis's Disk Director v9 product, which reportedly
    >will allow me to expand my system partition to use the additional space.
    >Before letting it go, I wanted to see if anyone has used this product to
    >expand their RAID array on a PERC 4Di, and if they encountered any
    >problems.
    >
    > Thanks.
    >
    > John
    > (Note: remove 'nospam' to reply to email address)

    Hereyago, sir. Repeat this post right here and I bet you'll find a prompt
    solution:

    http://forums.us.dell.com/supportforums/board?board.id=pes_hardrive

    Stew

Dell NAS / RAID Partition Expand Servers Computers