ducky81

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
computer specs: antec 550watt power supply, amd 64 fx-51, 1 gig of ecc 3200 ram, asus sk8n motherboard, sony cd-rw, and an asylum 5900 128mb video card.

note: all drivers have been installed and everything under start>control panel>system>hardware>device manager is ok.

problem: everytime i boot up it gets to the winXP start-up screen then turns blue and restarts, over and over....

solution:??? can anyone help me please.

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
couple of things:

Is everything seated properly?

Can you try underclocking the RAM?

Any message on the blue screen?

<pre> \|/
jlanka (. .)
___________oOOo_(_(_)_)_oOOo___________
</pre><p>

Bardic

Distinguished
Aug 7, 2001
Also, can you boot into safe mode? If you can, go turn off Automatic restart. Start->right click on My Computer->Properties->Advanced->Startup and Recovery Settings button->uncheck "Automatically Restart"

If you can do that, you can read what the blue screen says, and we may be able to help more. I assume this is a clean install of windows and all that, and you said all the drivers are loaded, so do you know what was loaded right before it started this?

briapro

Distinguished
Dec 22, 2001
I have a similar problem. Mine is an re-install of a HD from an old system to a new one. I get a dos screen that says windows didn't finish loading and this may be caused by new hardware installation. It gives a number of options but all lead to a endless reboot. Nor can I boot into the XP install CD even if I disable booting to the HD. I just get the same screen. The blue screen flashes by too fast to read. Sorry if this seems like a hijack but I posted here because my problem is similar.

ducky81

Distinguished
Feb 13, 2004
I turned off the automatic restart thank you i forgot all about that. next time i boot my comp i will post what it says.