Rich

windows messenger stopped signing in a long time ago when i start my
computer. when i click the sign in button i get the subject error message.

the problem is that it's no longer able to establish an internet connection
on it's own. once the connection is established for it i get signed in
automatically. if i use the troubleshooter an internet connection is
established and then it reports that everything is working fine.

i have dsl with a pppoe connection. ie is configured to connect on demand.

this used to work just fine and i don't know what made it stop.

possibly SP2?

Rich

SP2 is an absolute bastard; try going thorugh Windows Firewall thingy
throught the Security Centre. There should be a way to configure it so it
doesnt sign in automatically.

Go through the Messenger options as well.

My computer is a bit funny, it wont bring up the dial up box either on my
SN. I hae to go through 'Start -Connect to' instead.

Sir Zack Whittaker