Iwill XP333-R going AMD 2000+

G

i just bought the Iwill board XP333-R becuase of its DDR 2700 capabilities but i also have an AMD Athlon 2000+ processor it doesnt support yet. anyone have any idea how long it will take for them to update BIOS or whatever else it needs to handle it, if ever? really bothering me if anyone else has alternatives please tell me ;) thank you

bw37

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2001
Have you tried it, or are you just going by the CPU compatibility "passed" listing on Iwill's site. Their product sheet says "1800+ and higher" which might (should!) include 2000+. The only reason it might not work is if the bios doesn't support the default multiplier of 12.5, and maybe it doesn't. I guess some board's bios's jump from 12 to 13 for some reason.

In order to make it work at 166mhz fsb (so you can take advantage of the 333DDR memory), you WILL have to unlock the CPU. Once you've done that, you won't need the 12.5 multiplier anyway.

Bottom line, to run the CPU at 1.67Ghz and the memory at 166fsb (333DDR) you'll need a multiplier setting of 10 which you can't get without unlocking the CPU.

Hope that makes sense (though it may not be what you want to hear...)

BW