Problem with signing in using MSN messenger on my computer.

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

Whenever I attempt to sign in to MSN messenger on my
computer using my .NET passport, I automatically sign out
again.

Funny thing is window messenger works just fine using
my .NET passport, and MSN messenger on my computer allows
others to sign in without any such problem. I can also
sign into MSN messenger using another computer. The only
problem lies in attempting to sign into MSN messenger
with my personal .NET passport on my computer.

I have already tried reinstalling MSN messenger several
times and deleting my user account on my computer, but
the problem still persists.

Did you remove the built in one? Windows XP comes with 'Windows Messenger; I
had the same problem and I removed it and was able sign in with .net one.

"Confused" wrote:

> Whenever I attempt to sign in to MSN messenger on my
> computer using my .NET passport, I automatically sign out
> again.
>
> Funny thing is window messenger works just fine using
> my .NET passport, and MSN messenger on my computer allows
> others to sign in without any such problem. I can also
> sign into MSN messenger using another computer. The only
> problem lies in attempting to sign into MSN messenger
> with my personal .NET passport on my computer.
>
> I have already tried reinstalling MSN messenger several
> times and deleting my user account on my computer, but
> the problem still persists.

Greetings,

Try this:
Click Start, then Run, then type:
%appdata%\microsoft
and click OK.

Right-click the MSN Messenger folder and choose Delete. After all this, restart Messenger
and see if the problem has been corrected.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Confused" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I attempt to sign in to MSN messenger on my
> computer using my .NET passport, I automatically sign out
> again.
>
> Funny thing is window messenger works just fine using
> my .NET passport, and MSN messenger on my computer allows
> others to sign in without any such problem. I can also
> sign into MSN messenger using another computer. The only
> problem lies in attempting to sign into MSN messenger
> with my personal .NET passport on my computer.
>
> I have already tried reinstalling MSN messenger several
> times and deleting my user account on my computer, but
> the problem still persists.

Confused

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2001

It worked. Thanks!

Jonathan Kay.

>"Confused" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote
in message
>> Whenever I attempt to sign in to MSN messenger on my
>> computer using my .NET passport, I automatically sign
out
>> again.
>>
>> Funny thing is window messenger works just fine using
>> my .NET passport, and MSN messenger on my computer
allows
>> others to sign in without any such problem. I can also
>> sign into MSN messenger using another computer. The
only
>> problem lies in attempting to sign into MSN messenger
>> with my personal .NET passport on my computer.
>>
>> I have already tried reinstalling MSN messenger several
>> times and deleting my user account on my computer, but
>> the problem still persists.
>

>.

Hi,

Glad to hear it =)