NAT firewall and Messenger

When using Messenger 6.2 from behind a router with inbuilt NAT firewall I
cannot sign on - The PC just sits there after I click sign-in - without the
router/firewall all is OK. This is on 2 seperate PCs, both less than 12
months old and both on XP Home, 1 with SP2 one without.

Martin

"Martinellis" wrote:

> When using Messenger 6.2 from behind a router with inbuilt NAT firewall I
> cannot sign on - The PC just sits there after I click sign-in - without the
> router/firewall all is OK. This is on 2 seperate PCs, both less than 12
> months old and both on XP Home, 1 with SP2 one without.
>
> Martin

well this is my problem.. msn isn't signing on on my pc. but it works fine
on others. sometimes i get the message saying " user name and password is
incorrect" or " it seem you are behind a firewall" or something. Could it be
something in the connections on my pc? Does iexplorer have much to do with
it?