Reuben

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005

I am getting error 80072f0d when I try to sign in to MSN messanger 7
please help!

Greetings Reuben,

There are actually some server problems right now that seem to be causing this; assuming this
just started to occur, you may just have to wait for it to be corrected.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Reuben" <Reuben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I am getting error 80072f0d when I try to sign in to MSN messanger 7
> please help!

nat

Reuben Wrote:
> I am getting error 80072f0d when I try to sign in to MSN messanger 7
> please help!

this exact thing is happening to me and i really want to log on to msn
...what shall i do ?? please help as soon as possible
thanx

--
nat

Reuben

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005

Jonathan,

This actually happend when I made my IP address static through the LAN
properties and TCP/IP settings. Once I changed it MSN stopped working and
gave me this error. I changed it back to automatic but I still get the same
error.
Please give me any advice.

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Reuben,
>
> There are actually some server problems right now that seem to be causing this; assuming this
> just started to occur, you may just have to wait for it to be corrected.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Reuben" <Reuben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I am getting error 80072f0d when I try to sign in to MSN messanger 7
> > please help!

Andrew

Hi,
We had terrable trouble with msn messenger 6.2 and 7,
just couldn't login after SP2. We tried everything that
was posted all over the place with no joy. Couldn't login
to secure sites either but according to our settings in
IE we should have been ok. I manually downloaded updates
from MS updates and in IE Options added 'Use TLS 1.0'
under the advanced tab and under security. Now getting
login with messenger 7 and IE for secure sites like
internet banking. I do not know if this is of any help
but check it and see if you are needing any updates just
incase there is a patch for something that is causing
this horrable problem.
best of luck.

Andrew

hey msn has a solution listed on a blog site in there members area
http://spaces.msn.com/members/messenger-support/ just go down and it gives
full instructions on how to resolve this.

"Reuben" wrote:

> Jonathan,
>
> This actually happend when I made my IP address static through the LAN
> properties and TCP/IP settings. Once I changed it MSN stopped working and
> gave me this error. I changed it back to automatic but I still get the same
> error.
> Please give me any advice.
>
> "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:
>
> > Greetings Reuben,
> >
> > There are actually some server problems right now that seem to be causing this; assuming this
> > just started to occur, you may just have to wait for it to be corrected.
> > Jonathan Kay
> > Microsoft MVP - Windows Messenger/MSN Messenger
> > Associate Expert
> > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone/
> > Messenger Resources - http://messenger.jonathankay.com
> > All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
> > You *must* contact me for redistribution rights.
> >
> > "Reuben" <Reuben@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I am getting error 80072f0d when I try to sign in to MSN messanger 7
> > > please help!

Hi,

I have a LAN of about 40 PC-es. I am using one official (real) IP
configured on the output interface of my router. I masquarade whole
traffice comming from inside interface (that uses private /24 IP range)
to the output interface.

It happens that MSN messenger simply doesn't log-in. I try to change
masquarade to nat on output interface Ip address. It works sometime
then again same problem.

What could be the problem? Does MSN server allow only limited number of
MSN Messenger connections sourcing from one particular IP? If so what
is that limit.

Best,
FB

P.S. Reuben, if you require I'll send you my real IP and have a look if
you can so.