onboard sound problem and Aces High (joystick too)

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
My newly built system is having trouble with aces high , online and offline. The sound is really bad, using onboard soundchip (CMI) and choppy ..planes sound like old DOS flight games more of a rapid clicking than an engine sound... sound chip works fine in other games and drivers are the most recent(as is the bios etc). The other problem is the stick.. MS Precision Pro USB.. Win 98se see's it fine and it calibrates but Aces High seems to recognize it but planes don't respond to it. system specs etc below any suggestions appreciated.

System:
SOYO P4s Dragon Ultra mainboard
P-IV, 2Ghz Northwood
512 PC2700 333mhz DDR ram ( Kingmax)
2 Maxtor 40gb ata 133 HDD's
Sony 52 x cdrom
Enermax 461 PSU
Visiontek geforce3 Ti200
Onboard Lan controller
fans all over the place :)

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

villalta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
I'm also having sound problems with my Dragon+. In my case I'm getting no sound whats so ever. XP is giving me now yellow question marks and the bios has the onboard sound enabled. I this close to returning it.

lagger

Distinguished
Jan 19, 2001
make sure in the bios that it is enabled and that it is using the embedded bus.. sounds to me like your drivers aren't installed .. in any case I threw my old soundblaster live value in and disabled the crappy cmi audio chip and everything seems to work ok now , I kinda resent the amt. of bandwidth the live card hogs but until I find a cheap\decent replacement I'm stuck with it ..

lagger

<b><font color=blue>Computers run on smoke, I let the smoke out of mine and it quit working </b> </font color=blue>

villalta

Distinguished
Jan 21, 2002
What do you mean by embedded bus?? Is that a bios option. I only see one option for the onboard sound, enabled or disabled???