Dell Inspiron 8200 Screen problem

We have a Dell Inspiron 8200 lap top which just has developed a blue line
through the initial Microsoft xp Home background page. The line is about 40%
in from the left side of the screen running vertically up and down the page.
The line on the screen does not appear when on line or running
applications.Does anyone have any idea as to the cause or suggestions to
clear up the line?

Thanks

Clark

Distinguished
May 19, 2004

It may have something with the resolution settings prior to the Desktop
appearing. Have you tried an external monitor to see if it shows up
there? Are you running normally with just the LCD turned on?

Does "gently" tapping or putting pressure anywhere help or hurt the
situation?

Clark

mwos wrote:
> We have a Dell Inspiron 8200 lap top which just has developed a blue line
> through the initial Microsoft xp Home background page. The line is about 40%
> in from the left side of the screen running vertically up and down the page.
> The line on the screen does not appear when on line or running
> applications.Does anyone have any idea as to the cause or suggestions to
> clear up the line?
>
> Thanks

The Inspirons are known for issues with the screens.