losing wireless internet connection

Last response: in Wireless Networking
July 7, 2004 11:53:13 PM

Hi all,
I am having trouble keeping my internet connection alive, it keeps dropping
out every couple of minutes unless I am downloading, it only seems to happen
with XP as I can boot into win98 and it stays alive for hours. I have looked
through all the XP configs I can find and realise it must be an idle
timeout, can anyone help please!!!
Cheers
Tony..
Web Excel AP
Web Excel wifi PCI cards and PCMCIA cards
Anonymous
July 7, 2004 11:53:14 PM

"Cunning Linguist" <tleathem@netspace.net.au> wrote:

> I am having trouble keeping my internet connection alive, it keeps
dropping
> out every couple of minutes unless I am downloading, it only seems to
happen
> with XP as I can boot into win98 and it stays alive for hours. I have
looked
> through all the XP configs I can find and realise it must be an idle
> timeout, can anyone help please!!!

This is a known Windows XP issue.
Stop and disable your wireless zero configuration service.
Then use the tooling delivered with your card to configure your connection.

Hope this helps.