windows messenger problem

at first i had a problem with my e-mail not being verified. that's ok now.
but when i view "my pictures" folder, i double-click a single picture and
windows messenger opens up. when i double-click a folder in "my pix", at
first it opens up, the another double-click on a single pic and messenger
opens up again. what's goin' on because this didn't happen until my address
was verified?

I need help myself how do i send an email or get one I never have talked to
anyone on line be for and i would really like to can you help me.