Can I make my own ringtone? - i860

Last response: in Network Providers
August 6, 2005 1:06:11 AM

I just purchased a new i860 with Nextel service. Can I use the voice record
feature to make my own ringtone? If so, How?

Thanx in advance

Frank

More about : make ringtone i860

Anonymous
August 6, 2005 2:58:26 PM

"Frank from Deeeetroit" > wrote

> I just purchased a new i860 with Nextel service. Can I use the voice
record
> feature to make my own ringtone? If so, How?

I could be wrong but I don't think that you can do it that way. Allthough
a voice recording shows up as a media file in the media center it does
not show up as a useable file for ringtones.

You can though, create your own ringtone by using a simple wav
recorder like the one that comes with windows. Detailed instructions
on how to do this can be found here:
http://www.harrythompson.com/troubleshooting/ringtones....

You will have to upload the ringtone to your phone after you make it
by using one of the programs listed below by ClarkSter.

ClarkSter wrote up this helpful little info:

To upload ringtones and/or wallpapers to your cell phone, you will
need either WebJal or MyJAL.

WebJal

http://www.harrythompson.com/webjal.htm

MyJAL

http://www.gomyteam.com/apollo.asp

To transfer files from your cell phone to your computer, Motorola's
Media Downloader application.

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/ht...

If you'd like to backup your phone contacts or edit them with a
computer, download the Motorola Phonebook Manager

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/or...

If you'd like to see all the Motorola iden apps, check out...

http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/showSoftwar...
!