Can I make my own ringtone? - i860

I just purchased a new i860 with Nextel service. Can I use the voice record
feature to make my own ringtone? If so, How?

Thanx in advance

Frank
1 answer Last reply
More about make ringtone i860
  1. Archived from groups: alt.cellular.nextel (More info?)

    "Frank from Deeeetroit" > wrote

    > I just purchased a new i860 with Nextel service. Can I use the voice
    record
    > feature to make my own ringtone? If so, How?

    I could be wrong but I don't think that you can do it that way. Allthough
    a voice recording shows up as a media file in the media center it does
    not show up as a useable file for ringtones.

    You can though, create your own ringtone by using a simple wav
    recorder like the one that comes with windows. Detailed instructions
    on how to do this can be found here:
    http://www.harrythompson.com/troubleshooting/ringtones.htm

    You will have to upload the ringtone to your phone after you make it
    by using one of the programs listed below by ClarkSter.

    ClarkSter wrote up this helpful little info:

    To upload ringtones and/or wallpapers to your cell phone, you will
    need either WebJal or MyJAL.

    WebJal

    http://www.harrythompson.com/webjal.htm

    MyJAL

    http://www.gomyteam.com/apollo.asp

    To transfer files from your cell phone to your computer, Motorola's
    Media Downloader application.

    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/html/media_download.htm

    If you'd like to backup your phone contacts or edit them with a
    computer, download the Motorola Phonebook Manager

    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/software/organizer_upd.jsp

    If you'd like to see all the Motorola iden apps, check out...

    http://idenphones.motorola.com/iden/support/showSoftwareDownloads.do

Nextel Internet Service Providers