MSI K7 Master-S?

G

Hello, i'm looking for any feedback on MSI's K7 Master-S MB.I'm mainly looking into this board because of the built in SCSI. As of a few months back this board was highy anticipated but now its hard to get info on it. What i'm looking for is info on known bugs and if it is as stable as was anticipated.Also any recomendations on memory ?
Thanks ,
CFMPSI

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
The AMD 760 is pretty stable. Not the latest and greatest, but if you really like the on board SCSI it wouldn't be a bad choice.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

hardwarefreek

Distinguished
Jan 27, 2002
MSI is a decidedly average MOBO but if you reckon the onboard SCSI is worth it the it's ok for a review checkout www.tomshardware.com under motherboards
The ABIT boards are market leaders at the moment

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
Stay away from this board. Have you ever heard of the 133 FSB bug? On some 6341 MSI mobos (which ones have it and which ones don't is unclear) the mobo will not run stable if the FSB is set to 133. It works perfectly fine at 100. There is a workaround which requires one to shut down the pc, reboot, go into the BIOS, switch the FSB from 133 to 100, reboot, switch the FSB from 100 to 133, reboot again to get it to run at 133. Once all that is done, the mobo is incredibly stable. However, every single time you go to shutdown or restart you will have to do this. This bug usually affects 3d applications but I have heard it affecting other apps as well. On the other hand, you may get a board without the bug. The ugly thing about it is that MSI not only failed to provide support of any kind (until overwhelmed by angry customers) but denied the bug existed! They finally came clean after months of harrassment but will do nothing about it. BIOS upgrades will not fix this bug!

What?

TRENDING THREADS