MSN launch from IE6 not responding

Hi there,
I have an icon in my Explorer that came from the older installation of MSN
Messenger. I've since upgraded to 6.2 but the icon in IE does not activate
it. I beliee it's the icon from the old installation. I can only launch 6.2
from the Start Menu or a shortcut.

Would this be a registry entry that needs changing?

Thanks.
Al Davis

Greetings Al,

Actually, only Windows Messenger puts that icon there, MSN Messenger doesn't at all.

However, you can add it manually. Just close all Internet Explorer windows, then download
and run the following .reg
file:

http://messenger.jonathankay.com/downloads/msn6_ietoolbar.reg

You'll need to close and reopen Internet Explorer to see the change. Also to add, you'll
need to the edit the file in notepad and change the drive letter if your MSN Messenger is
not located in C:\Program Files\MSN Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert