Jonathan Please Help - Re-Enable Windows Messenger Auto Si..

Hi,

I was wondering how to get windows messenger to auto signin when the pc is
rebooted. I installed MSN 6.2 messenger but then removed it. Now windows
messenger from SP2 doesn't auto sign-in. Anyone know the fix for this?

It would be nice if I could have windows messenger always working like its
suppose to, and then be able to log out and use MSN 6.2 only when I wanted
to. Then next time I reboot, windows messenger would auto login again.

Greetings Rodeo,

To quickly get back this behavior, make sure the Windows Messenger isn't running, then start
the registry editor by clicking Start, then Run, type "regedit" and then click OK. Navigate
to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService key (they look like folders),
click the MessengerService key, then choose the Edit menu, and then choose Delete.

Then restart Windows Messenger.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Rodeo" <Rodeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I was wondering how to get windows messenger to auto signin when the pc is
> rebooted. I installed MSN 6.2 messenger but then removed it. Now windows
> messenger from SP2 doesn't auto sign-in. Anyone know the fix for this?
>
> It would be nice if I could have windows messenger always working like its
> suppose to, and then be able to log out and use MSN 6.2 only when I wanted
> to. Then next time I reboot, windows messenger would auto login again.

Jonathan,

I found the messengerservice in the registry, but I don't see any "key".
What is it im looking for?

Rodeo

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Rodeo,
>
> To quickly get back this behavior, make sure the Windows Messenger isn't running, then start
> the registry editor by clicking Start, then Run, type "regedit" and then click OK. Navigate
> to the HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MessengerService key (they look like folders),
> click the MessengerService key, then choose the Edit menu, and then choose Delete.
>
> Then restart Windows Messenger.
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Rodeo" <Rodeo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi,
> >
> > I was wondering how to get windows messenger to auto signin when the pc is
> > rebooted. I installed MSN 6.2 messenger but then removed it. Now windows
> > messenger from SP2 doesn't auto sign-in. Anyone know the fix for this?
> >
> > It would be nice if I could have windows messenger always working like its
> > suppose to, and then be able to log out and use MSN 6.2 only when I wanted
> > to. Then next time I reboot, windows messenger would auto login again.

Hi Rodeo,

MessengerService *is* the key.