Laptop that will work with the 2405fpw

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
a lot of trouble.

I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).

Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
or another manufacturer.

Toby
5 answers Last reply
More about laptop work 2405fpw

    tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:
    > I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
    > a lot of trouble.
    >
    > I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
    > buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
    > cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
    > the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
    > contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
    > the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
    > resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).
    >
    > Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
    > or another manufacturer.
    >
    > Toby

    Although I can't confirm for sure, I'd be willing to bet almost all
    modern graphics cards (cards available in Dell's current line up) ought
    to work. I use my X300 with my FPW2005 without a problem (it's not
    listed as working, but it runs fine).

    Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
    choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
    a good sign.

    The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.

    Toby

    "Nicholas Andrade" <SDNick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:
    >> I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
    >> a lot of trouble.
    >>
    >> I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
    >> buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
    >> cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
    >> the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
    >> contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
    >> the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
    >> resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).
    >>
    >> Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
    >> or another manufacturer.
    >>
    >> Toby
    >>
    > Although I can't confirm for sure, I'd be willing to bet almost all modern
    > graphics cards (cards available in Dell's current line up) ought to work.
    > I use my X300 with my FPW2005 without a problem (it's not listed as
    > working, but it runs fine).

    Yes, but most laptops have low-end cards.

    I'd consider the Inspiron 6000D with the X300 or the Inspiron 9300. They
    would work.

    Tom

    tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:

    >Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
    >choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
    >a good sign.
    >
    >The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.
    >
    >Toby

    I'm thinking of getting a combo Sony LCD TV/monitor to
    use with a laptop

    see link

    http://tinyurl.com/cddmu

    What you think of this idea?

    tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:

    > Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
    > choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
    > a good sign.
    >
    > The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.
    >
    > Toby

    I'm fairly confident you'll be fine; my D610 with a X300 drives the
    2005FPW without any problem.

Dell Laptops Computers