Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

Laptop that will work with the 2405fpw

Last response: in Computer Brands
Share
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
August 31, 2005 12:35:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
a lot of trouble.

I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).

Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
or another manufacturer.

Toby

More about : laptop work 2405fpw

Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 1, 2005 9:28:58 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:
> I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
> a lot of trouble.
>
> I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
> buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
> cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
> the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
> contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
> the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
> resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).
>
> Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
> or another manufacturer.
>
> Toby
>
Although I can't confirm for sure, I'd be willing to bet almost all
modern graphics cards (cards available in Dell's current line up) ought
to work. I use my X300 with my FPW2005 without a problem (it's not
listed as working, but it runs fine).
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 1, 2005 2:11:22 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
a good sign.

The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.

Toby
Related resources
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 1, 2005 3:09:36 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Nicholas Andrade" <SDNick484@nospam.yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:ukwRe.984$ZL4.524@newssvr12.news.prodigy.com...
> tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:
>> I've looked everywhere for the answer to this question, and I'm having
>> a lot of trouble.
>>
>> I have a 2405fpw monitor, which is 1920x1200, and I'm trying to decide
>> buy a laptop that I can use with it. Dell's website lists graphics
>> cards which support the 2405fpw, but they don't all match the cards in
>> the laptops that they're selling. Further, some parts of the site
>> contradict other parts (e.g. it says that the Intel GMA 900 supports
>> the 2405FPW, and then elsewhere it says that the max external monitor
>> resolution for the GMA 900 is 1600x1200).
>>
>> Does anyone have any idea what I need to look for? I could go with Dell
>> or another manufacturer.
>>
>> Toby
>>
> Although I can't confirm for sure, I'd be willing to bet almost all modern
> graphics cards (cards available in Dell's current line up) ought to work.
> I use my X300 with my FPW2005 without a problem (it's not listed as
> working, but it runs fine).

Yes, but most laptops have low-end cards.

I'd consider the Inspiron 6000D with the X300 or the Inspiron 9300. They
would work.

Tom
September 1, 2005 11:13:38 PM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:

>Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
>choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
>a good sign.
>
>The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.
>
>Toby

I'm thinking of getting a combo Sony LCD TV/monitor to
use with a laptop

see link

http://tinyurl.com/cddmu


What you think of this idea?
Anonymous
a b D Laptop
September 2, 2005 10:11:25 AM

Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

tsegaran@gmail.com wrote:

> Picked up a Latitude D610 from the Outlet with a Radeon X300. One of my
> choices for additional components was the 2405fpw, so I'm hoping that's
> a good sign.
>
> The port replicator also has DVI-out which was an unexpected bonus.
>
> Toby
>
I'm fairly confident you'll be fine; my D610 with a X300 drives the
2005FPW without any problem.
!