removing passports also password protecting

Linda

My daughter erroneously added a couple of her friends to
the MSN 6.2 passport accounts.
I wish to remove these. According to instruction I should
be able to do this in control panel/user accounts and
have an icon for messenger. No icon exists. Is there
another way to remove these passports, perhaps through
the registry?

Second problem, I have removed the check mark in the
general tab for "automatic sign in". Nonetheless the
program has me "sign in" and connects me without entering
a password. I wish for each passport to enter their own
password.
If I were to uninstall and reinstall, will all the
informations that I put in automatically install again?
Help please
Linda

Linda

AHA! After more researching, I finally found an answer to
removing a passport account in MSN Messenger. I should
have been able to go into the control panel/users
accounts and have an icon for messenger but I had no such
icon.

I did find this, and it immediately worked.

" When you sign in to Messenger, it remembers every email
address/.net passport that you signed in under.
To remove an item from the list of remembered names:
Start/Run/control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager
Passwords."

It is there that it allows you to remove a passport.

Now to solve the password protect problem.....

Greetings Linda,

In the same dialog, remove the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry to solve your other problem.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Linda" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> AHA! After more researching, I finally found an answer to
> removing a passport account in MSN Messenger. I should
> have been able to go into the control panel/users
> accounts and have an icon for messenger but I had no such
> icon.
>
> I did find this, and it immediately worked.
>
> " When you sign in to Messenger, it remembers every email
> address/.net passport that you signed in under.
> To remove an item from the list of remembered names:
> Start/Run/control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager
> Passwords."
>
> It is there that it allows you to remove a passport.
>
> Now to solve the password protect problem.....

Hi Linda/Jonathan,

Can you please explain a little bit more clearly where I can find the
"control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager Passwords" link. Do I click on
"start" and then "run" and then type in the words above? I've tried that and
nothing happens. I have checked in the registry for that string of words and
its there but I can't see how to remove a passport name. No passport names
are listed. Help! This is driving me nuts!!

Thanks,
Bev

"Linda" wrote:

> AHA! After more researching, I finally found an answer to
> removing a passport account in MSN Messenger. I should
> have been able to go into the control panel/users
> accounts and have an icon for messenger but I had no such
> icon.
>
> I did find this, and it immediately worked.
>
> " When you sign in to Messenger, it remembers every email
> address/.net passport that you signed in under.
> To remove an item from the list of remembered names:
> Start/Run/control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager
> Passwords."
>
> It is there that it allows you to remove a passport.
>
> Now to solve the password protect problem.....

Hi Bev,

Your Passports are stored in what is referred to as "Protected Storage", they are not in the
registry.

Try this instead, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User
Accounts in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of the
screen, under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens,
you can remove an account by clicking the passport you wish to delete [denoted by
(Passport)], and then click the 'Remove' button. For more detailed instructions and
screenshots on this procedure, see here:
http://messenger.jonathankay.com/problem.aspx?ID=2
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Akela_61" <Akela61@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi Linda/Jonathan,
>
> Can you please explain a little bit more clearly where I can find the
> "control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager Passwords" link. Do I click on
> "start" and then "run" and then type in the words above? I've tried that and
> nothing happens. I have checked in the registry for that string of words and
> its there but I can't see how to remove a passport name. No passport names
> are listed. Help! This is driving me nuts!!
>
> Thanks,
> Bev
>

> "Linda" wrote:
>
>> AHA! After more researching, I finally found an answer to
>> removing a passport account in MSN Messenger. I should
>> have been able to go into the control panel/users
>> accounts and have an icon for messenger but I had no such
>> icon.
>>
>> I did find this, and it immediately worked.
>>
>> " When you sign in to Messenger, it remembers every email
>> address/.net passport that you signed in under.
>> To remove an item from the list of remembered names:
>> Start/Run/control userpasswords2. Advanced/Manager
>> Passwords."
>>
>> It is there that it allows you to remove a passport.
>>
>> Now to solve the password protect problem.....

When I tried to remove the .NET passports like you explained nothing
happens. I've selected the passport I wanted to remove and when I
clicked the 'Remove' button. Nothing happens. I've repeated this
hundreds of times and the passports remain...

Is there maybe any way to remove these passports manually? By deleting
them from a certain file for example? What can I do?

Thanks

EvilCartmanPosted from http://www.pcreview.co.uk/ newsgroup access