Sign in with
Your question

How to change from 64bit to 32bit in windows7

Last response: in Windows 7
August 5, 2010 6:03:51 PM

i,m trying to insall an older game Ear cry it states i need to change to 32bit from 64bit whats the process and does this foul up my comp.
a b $ Windows 7
August 5, 2010 7:03:52 PM

A change from 64 to 32-bit (or vice-versa) requires a clean install... there is no way to convert from one to the other.

That being said, have you tried running in compatibility mode? Right-click on the Far Cry executable file, select Properties, then go to the tab that has compatibility options. Select Windows XP SP2 and see if you can launch your game.
m
l
August 5, 2010 8:52:07 PM

Most programs designed for the 32-bit version of Windows will work on the 64-bit version of Windows. Notable exceptions are many antivirus programs.

Device drivers designed for the 32-bit version of Windows don't work on computers running a 64-bit version of Windows. If you're trying to install a printer or other device that only has 32-bit drivers available, it won't work correctly on a 64-bit version of Windows. To learn how to check for drivers, see Update a driver for hardware that isn't working properly or go to the device manufacturer's website. You can also get information about drivers by going to the Windows 7 Upgrade Advisor webpage.

Also, check out this site for some more great information:
Source: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/32-bit-and-...

I hope this helps!

Brett M,
Windows Outreach Team
m
l
!