ZeuSueZ

Distinguished
Jan 26, 2002
Hi all.

I've got a major issue. I've recently got my self a new second PC, and I got a wierd problem. I can turn the comp on, use it for 30 min up to around 3 hours, playing CS, D2 or other, use the web, office app. ect., but all of a sudden, the Motherboard seems to loose power and the comp goes dead. I've tried EVERYTHING (think so) checked tempratures, jumper settings, cables ect. EVERYTHING seems to be ok, but the problem countinues. On monday morning (28/1) I'm gong to drop it off at my dealer, so he can get it fixed, but until then I am open to ideas =)

The system is a follows:

Asus A7V133 ATX
Asus AGP-V7100 Pro GeForce2 MX400 64MB Pure bulk 64MB
Seagate Barracuda IV 60GB
Aopen HQ48Pro A-P4 ATX 300 Watt PSU
AMD Athlon Thunderbird 1400 MHz FSB266
Kingston Kingston 256MB PC-133
MS Windows 98 2nd edition
DirectX 8.1
Reference drivers, from VIA, ASUS, ect.

Ps. Same issue is at CPU

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
That sounds like the power supply to me. Do you have any way to switch out the power supply before you spend the $$$ for a dealer to look at it (unless it's under warranty)?

Scout

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
seems like PS issue, try switching it if you can get a spare one for a while maybe from a friend. BTW upgrade your drivers to latest ones, reference drivers are always in kinda beta mode.

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
What's your BIOS version? I have found that the latest 1008 BIOS offered on the Asus web site is terrible for stability. It doesn't really do what you're describing, but it's another thing to check. I re-flashed mine back to 1003a and am working just fine with my 1.4 chip. (I had flashed to the newer BIOS to try an XP chip for a while)

Scout

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Sure, send me a private message with your e-mail address and I'll send you the BIN file for the 1003a BIOS. (I don't think there's an easier way to send the file is there?)

Scout

G

Hey,

Well thats an intersting case I would have to say. I have a a7v133 (kt133a) mobo /w 700 duron and I have a asus v7700 gf2 gts card with a 300 watt powersupply(amd recomemned) running 2 aux fans + the modem, sound card, Lan card, ANd 640 megs of pc-133, 60 gb maxtor drive and haven't had any problems yet But I did however have a problem after making a transplant into another case that was similar. Did you by any chance move it over?
I resolved the transplant problem by using plastic Standoffs instead of metal screws. I have also hear that the mobo might loose power if the chipset fan stops working and the chipset overheats (safety precaution)

Some Day Computers are going to talk back with attitude

TRENDING THREADS