Problems with BioStar M7KVID

G

Hello all, was hoping i could get some ideas on what to look for next. After making a long drive, my second computer refuses to boot up. When i attempt to turn it one everthing apears to be running fine, but no video. I have tested out the vid card and ram in another computer i own and both work fine. The drive was very cold, and i am suspecting that MB is caput. Another interesting fact to note is, previously, when the computer had to be restarted by cutting the power to it, i would get the same effect. All fans working but no video. I would have to let it sit for at least 8-10 minutes before it would agree to boot up. Please let me know what else i should be looking at to try and get this problem fixed b4 i purchase another MB.

Thanks

Jeremy

Scout

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
First, pull all your expansion cards out except for the video card and disconnect all your drives except for the floppy and see if it'll boot. Second, re-seat everything, the CPU, the RAM, the video card, the main power plug, and check all the jumpers and settings and see if that helps. I'd also try removing the BIOS battery to clear the BIOS, reinstall and try again.

Good Luck!

Scout