G

I'm looking to start building a new system in the next few months. My question is what kind of RAM is the best to go with right now. From what I've been reading it sounds like RDRAM is having issues with latency and failing DIMM modules, which makes DDRRAM sound like a much better alternative.

The computer I'd like to build will be based off the Abit KR7A-133 Mainboard, with an AMD Athlon XP 2000 for the CPU. Other then surfing the web, this machine will be used to play games amongst other things, so is DDRRAM the way I should go?

Any suggestions will be appreciated.

svol

Champion
There aren't any RDRAM Socket a (AMD) boards so I recommend you to go for a DDR board, the DDR RAM isn't that expensive and its much faster then the older SDRAM.
And the Abit board is a good one, I own an Abit KG7-RAID and I love it.

My case has so many fans that it hovers above the ground :eek: .

G

Has any MB manufacturer released a board that supports SLDRAM yet?

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
SLDRAM, correct me if I'm wrong, is a variation of DDR or an "improved" version. No motherboards currently use SLDRAM and there is nowhere you can actually buy it.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

G

To quote AMD_Man:

"AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the ULTIMATE PC processor"

You mean AMD technology + Intel money/marketing (and packaging technology) = IntAMD PentAthlon V?

I can see a merger case coming up (LOL)...