Windows Messenger MSN Messenger

What is the difference between these two programmes.I
signed up for MSN and after using Instant Messages the
person I tried to add received 40+ emails all the same.He
had to change all his particulars to get rid of it,and I
removed the programme.What is the point of two programmes
doing the same thing?
3 answers Last reply
More about windows messenger messenger

    Guess you need to ask MS that questions !!

    Gil Higham wrote:
    > What is the difference between these two programmes.I
    > signed up for MSN and after using Instant Messages the
    > person I tried to add received 40+ emails all the same.He
    > had to change all his particulars to get rid of it,and I
    > removed the programme.What is the point of two programmes
    > doing the same thing?

    Can I uninstall Microsoft Messenger, and still expect MSN Messenger to work?
    Or does the latter work on top of the former, like an expansion?

    "DaViD" wrote:

    > Guess you need to ask MS that questions !!
    >
    > Gil Higham wrote:
    > > What is the difference between these two programmes.I
    > > signed up for MSN and after using Instant Messages the
    > > person I tried to add received 40+ emails all the same.He
    > > had to change all his particulars to get rid of it,and I
    > > removed the programme.What is the point of two programmes
    > > doing the same thing?

    Dont worry, i just read an earlier thred, i now know that some MSN functions
    require Windows messenger.
    Apologies

    "robfir" wrote:

    > Can I uninstall Microsoft Messenger, and still expect MSN Messenger to work?
    > Or does the latter work on top of the former, like an expansion?
    >
    > "DaViD" wrote:
    >
    > > Guess you need to ask MS that questions !!
    > >
    > > Gil Higham wrote:
    > > > What is the difference between these two programmes.I
    > > > signed up for MSN and after using Instant Messages the
    > > > person I tried to add received 40+ emails all the same.He
    > > > had to change all his particulars to get rid of it,and I
    > > > removed the programme.What is the point of two programmes
    > > > doing the same thing?

Messenger Microsoft MSN Messenger Windows XP