Can't see Creative Web Cam in Windows Messenger

I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
"HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
Windows Messenger??

Confused,

Steve
4 answers Last reply
More about creative windows messenger

    Greetings Steve,

    What exactly happens when you go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard? To do so, open the
    main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then choose Audio Tuning Wizard?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    >I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
    > but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
    > 4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
    > "HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
    > Windows Messenger??
    >
    > Confused,
    >
    > Steve

    It tunes the camera properly (there is no microphone).

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Steve,
    >
    > What exactly happens when you go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard? To do so, open the
    > main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then choose Audio Tuning Wizard?
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
    > > but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
    > > 4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
    > > "HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
    > > Windows Messenger??
    > >
    > > Confused,
    > >
    > > Steve

    Mine working fine, but did take a couple of installes.

    Mine does the same when I go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard it says
    error but I can see an image of myself but when I send to someone else it
    says connecting and then it will say stopped viewing with ...

    "Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

    > Greetings Steve,
    >
    > What exactly happens when you go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard? To do so, open the
    > main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then choose Audio Tuning Wizard?
    > Jonathan Kay
    > Associate Expert
    >
    > "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
    > > but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
    > > 4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
    > > "HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
    > > Windows Messenger??
    > >
    > > Confused,
    > >
    > > Steve

Messenger Creative Windows XP