Can't see Creative Web Cam in Windows Messenger

January 16, 2005 10:17:02 PM

I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
"HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
Windows Messenger??

Confused,

Steve
Anonymous
January 17, 2005 1:35:16 AM

Greetings Steve,

What exactly happens when you go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard? To do so, open the
main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then choose Audio Tuning Wizard?
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

>I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
> but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
> 4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
> "HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
> Windows Messenger??
>
> Confused,
>
> Steve
January 17, 2005 1:35:17 AM

It tunes the camera properly (there is no microphone).

"Jonathan Kay [MVP]" wrote:

> Greetings Steve,
>
> What exactly happens when you go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard? To do so, open the
> main Messenger window, click the Tools menu, then choose Audio Tuning Wizard?
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Steve" <Steve@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I just bought a Creative Webcam for Notebooks, which works with its software,
> > but will not work with Windows Messenger. I have Windows Messenger version
> > 4.7 and tried upgrading to the newest version but got an error message with
> > "HRESULT: 0 X 80070002" What is keeping me from using the camera with
> > Windows Messenger??
> >
> > Confused,
> >
> > Steve

January 29, 2005 8:58:02 PM

Mine working fine, but did take a couple of installes.

Anonymous
February 9, 2005 5:09:18 PM

Mine does the same when I go through the Audio/Video Tuning Wizard it says
error but I can see an image of myself but when I send to someone else it
says connecting and then it will say stopped viewing with ...

!