need help - k7s5a

G

i recently pieced together something of a new computer (a few older parts with a new motherboard/CPU, mostly). Installed a K7S5A motherboard with an amd xp 1600 CPU into a 300w case (w/ 320 megs of SDRAM, an old school TNT2, 2 hard disks at 10 and 40 gigs, and 2 CD drives and a floppy).

The problem comes when I try to get that bad boy running. The fans whir, the drives seek, the keyboard flashes...but nothing appears on the monitor. No boot into the BIOS. I've messed with the video card, even tried a few others, but it seems to be fine, so I'm quite sure the problem is not there.

Could this be a power supply issue? Something wrong with the BIOS? Any help is appreciated :\

mark

The power supply could be the problem. This mobo is picky about what ps you use. You could also try removing the mobo, and placing it on the static bag it came in, and try just the cpu, memory, and video card, and see if it will post. Sometimes, the board will be touching something on the case that prevents it from posting.

G

i'm worried about the dead AGP slot possibility...need to find a PCI card to test that...

G

You might have already checked this but double check so that your memory sticks is firmly attatched. It is possible that the gfx card is also loose.

/Dal