Help with VIA bugs

pat

Expert
I have a KT 266a based motherboard, a SOYO dragon+. I have read that VIA chipset has bugs. My problems is that my motherboard run too stable, too fast and is too compatible with all the stuff I pluged in so far. It simply refuse to crash. I've checked if it was a VIA chipset in it and yes. Why do I cannot have all the bugs mentionned in other treads about VIA. And why my cousin's MB, my friend'MB, all based on VIA chipset run well.

Is my MB defective? Should I RMA it to have a bugged one?

Please help me...I'm in dark here!

->And this is...................ACTION!

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Hmm, if you're not having a problem then why are you posting? VIA bugs do exist but they are very specific and may not affect all VIA users.

AMD technology + Intel technology = Intel/AMD Pentathlon IV; the <b>ULTIMATE</b> PC processor

Crashman

Polypheme
Former Staff
VIA bugs only affect certain configurations. Get a bunch of different cards and start plugging them in until you find one that causes continuous crashes. Reapeat proceedure until you can come up with a list. Then set up a website.

What's the frequency, Kenneth?

pat

Expert
Yes it is. It is just that, from what I'm reading here, having a VIA chipset is the worst thing that can happen. Everytime someone ask for advice for a motherboard, then there is always someone that say : stay away from VIA..bla bla. But if VIA is working for me as well as some of my friends, why it would not for them? Why if someone find that the motherboard that best fits his need is one with VIA chipset. Why it shouldnt work for him too?

I'M not a VIA fan, nor an AMD or SIS, ALI fan. It is just that I buy something that best fits my need instead other's need.

The point is, for me, that every motherboard that best fits your need is the best for you and there will always be someone somewhere who will have problem with a specific MB as there will be someone that will be hapy with it.

->And this is...................ACTION!

G

I dont understand. You seem to be complaining that people have compatibility issues. If it bothers you so much, why waste your time?
Instead, you make a joke about the issues. Why not be greatful that you dont seem to have compatibility issues?

I AM BATMAN.
This is Unbearablly cool.

monkeyhouse

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My suggestion would be....

Gimme your computer, so no one complains....

<font color=green>Mobo dies so quickly.... I've just swapped 3 mobos in a week.</font color=green> :eek:

jlanka

Splendid
Mar 16, 2001
Of course this is tongue in cheek. Clever (although a smiley would have helped). Anyway, it seems that K266A has pretty much eliminated the VIA bug-a-boo. My Soyo Dragon Plus is still rock solid, after 4 months.

<i>It's always the one thing you never suspected.</i>

G

Oops, I guess it did. LOL. Its new to me tho. :)
I'm used to posts that old being well hid.

I AM BATMAN.
This is Unbearablly cool.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Since XP didn't like it's residency, it caused a little shuffle when it moved out. Other thing seem to change too, but I think the smoke is clearing.