Tim

Does anyone know if there are any plans to allow more than 2 people using a
webcam and audio at the same time in a conversation? Currently you seem to
be able to have a three way chat using typing only but not using video and
sound. I know that there is some new MAC software that does just this for
the new style i-Macs so wondered if Microsoft are planning to follow suit?

Cheers

Greetings Tim,

No plans that I've heard of (sadly).

"Tim" <Tim@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to allow more than 2 people using a
> webcam and audio at the same time in a conversation? Currently you seem to
> be able to have a three way chat using typing only but not using video and
> sound. I know that there is some new MAC software that does just this for
> the new style i-Macs so wondered if Microsoft are planning to follow suit?
>
> Cheers

jw

page 736 of Windows XP Inside Out says
"if you want to have a voice conference or video conference with more
than 2 people simultaneously, use Phone Dialer."

to start Phone Dialer, open the Run box, and type
dialer

hope this helps, even though it is not a Messenger solution

Tim wrote:
> Does anyone know if there are any plans to allow more than 2 people using a
> webcam and audio at the same time in a conversation? Currently you seem to
> be able to have a three way chat using typing only but not using video and
> sound. I know that there is some new MAC software that does just this for
> the new style i-Macs so wondered if Microsoft are planning to follow suit?
>
> Cheers

Microsoft has some outside partners, such as Radvision, which have designed
hardware and/or software, which will allow multi-party voice/video through
Windows Messeger. They do not make such a thing for MSN messenger, best I
can tell.

Bob