ECS K7S5A

G

My friend bought a Elitegroup K7S5A mb with athlon xp 1600+ 256mb ddr memory etc..... He installed winxp prof, everything seemed fine had a small problem formated the hd re-installed winxp prof for about a couple of days everything seemed fine. Then once he shuts the pc down or reboots it just as it gain power it keeps rebooting and looping rebooting.. before it posts or anything appears on the monitor. This happened the first time for about a minute i was quiet amazed because i've never seen anything like this, then the next time i don't think it booted.... Any ideas ? One of the guys that posts here also bought the exact same mb proc, only he uses sdram but his rebooted and wouldn't start up similiar to the problem i am talkin about. At first i thought it might have been the bios, but it dosen't boot at all atm. Any Ideas ?

dhlucke

Polypheme
List all the components like memory and powersupply etc. If he strips the rig down to just memory and videocard does it still do it?

<font color=red>God</font color=red> <font color=blue>Bless</font color=blue> <font color=red>America!</font color=red>

mbetea

Distinguished
Aug 16, 2001
i had that problem too with the first k7s5a i had. "supposedly" what i was told by an ecs tech, is that this is a "feature"-lol, of the motherboards powermanagement. he said a fix for this was to go into bios, and enable QUICKBOOT. though i never got the chance to try this (already got a different motherboard). so please post back if it works out.

happiness is finding a stick of ram in your mail.