Online Status and Windows Messenger Account ID...

I have a page that indicates my online status for Windows Messenger. However, there is a problem with this indicator. I had to use a valid email address (aka my passport account id) in the source for this functionality, exposing that address to web-crawling spam-bots.

Is there a way to use an alias when checking for online status or must I setup a trash email account (that I'll never check) in order to provide this feature on my site?

Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

carl
1 answer Last reply
More about online status windows messenger account

    Greeting Carl,

    I guess it would depend on the service you're using to do this behavior. Obviously there's
    nothing in Messenger to do this.
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "Vagabond Software" <carlfenley-X-@-X-san.rr.com> wrote in message
    I have a page that indicates my online status for Windows Messenger. However, there is a
    problem with this indicator. I had to use a valid email address (aka my passport account id)
    in the source for this functionality, exposing that address to web-crawling spam-bots.

    Is there a way to use an alias when checking for online status or must I setup a trash email
    account (that I'll never check) in order to provide this feature on my site?

    Thanks for any advice or suggestions,

    carl

Messenger Email Microsoft Windows XP