How do I separate windows account from Windows Messenger

January 19, 2005 2:09:39 AM

One of the biggest annoyances is the fact that Windows messenger signs
me in whether I want this or not. Even when I immediately sign out, if
I open outlook or something like that, it signs me in. I cannot exit
from the program, it won't let me uninstall...It signs me in even if
I'm not actively using the computer (ie, sign out of messenger...work
for a while..."switch user" and go away. Later, for some reason
(probably one of the other users on the PC signs in or opens Outlook
using their account), Windows messenger signs me in, and shows me as
present--even when I'm not, and even though I've explicitly signed out.

I want to permanently dis-associate my windows account from my windows
messenger account, so that I sign in to messenger ONLY when I want to.
Can anyone tell me how to accomplsh this?

Thanks in advance!
Anonymous
January 19, 2005 7:07:33 PM

Greetings,

To fix this, click the Start Button, then click the Control Panel. Then, click User Accounts
in the Control Panel. Select your account name, and then on the left side of the screen,
under Related Tasks, click 'Manage my Network Passwords'. In the window that opens, click
the Passport.Net\* (Passport) entry and click 'Remove'.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

!