Do I need two copies of Norton SystemWorks for my two comp..

Hi all. I just finally set up a two-machine wireless network here in
the house. My main computer has Norton SystemWorks, and I'm wondering
if I can install the same program on the other computer. Can I use
the same CD or do I need to buy a new package? I'm using a Linksys
router and access point, and I'm also wondering if the router itself
can provide protection. Thanks much.

Marshall
1 answer Last reply
More about copies norton systemworks comp

    In article <if2oe0lmg8hkc0233ok6j49qdmgnpflbc7@4ax.com>,
    Marshall Schuon <peddlers@ptd.net> wrote:
    :Hi all. I just finally set up a two-machine wireless network here in
    :the house. My main computer has Norton SystemWorks, and I'm wondering
    :if I can install the same program on the other computer.

    What did the fine print say on the click-wrap license?

    :Can I use
    :the same CD or do I need to buy a new package? I'm using a Linksys
    :router and access point, and I'm also wondering if the router itself
    :can provide protection.

    Norton Systemworks includes at least four major components. No matter
    what model of Linksys you have, it is not going to provide protection
    from Windows hard disk corruption; nor is the router going to provide
    protection from viruses embedded in email attachments you open.

    *Some* models of Linksys provide true Stateful Packet Inspection
    (SPI); those ones can provide some meaningful protection for your
    network. Other models of Linksys are just address translation (NAT)
    boxes: those do -some- hiding of your inside equipment, but they
    are not firewalls and leave your systems open for attack (just
    not quite an easy an attack as if you had nothing at all.)

    Is your Norton SystemWorks currently blocking anything from the
    outside on your system that you have it on that is behind the Linksys?
    If so then you can fairly sure that the other system also needs
    better protection than the Linksys. [But on the other hand, if
    you haven't had any attacks get through to the Systemworks system,
    then it could just be that the more sophisticated attack sequence
    hasn't been run against your systems... Yet.)
    --
    "Infinity is like a stuffed walrus I can hold in the palm of my hand.
    Don't do anything with infinity you wouldn't do with a stuffed walrus."

Norton Computers Wireless Networking