How to change Status?

Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...

hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)

When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the name
you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown above
is there but is greyed out.

Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks

DJ

Hi, my name is David, ill be glad to assist you! First of all, what messenger
version is she running? 5.0? 6.1? That sounds to me like a problem with the
messenger software. She might have to uninstall and reinstall it again, or
tell her to try putting her e-mail address in the box and see what happens!
If you need some assistance, please feel free to e-mail me at:
windowsxphelp05@yahoo.com or visit my website (brand new, so nothing
special..but getting it up soon) http://windowsxphelp05.tripod.com thanks,
and i look forward to helping you!

"Dave Stockdale" wrote:

> Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...
>
> hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)
>
> When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
> personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the name
> you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown above
> is there but is greyed out.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Anyone?

--

"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...
>
> hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)
>
> When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
> personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the name
> you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown
above
> is there but is greyed out.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Greetings Dave,

Unfortunately she won't be able to edit her display name unless she verifies her .NET
Passport. In order to do this verification she must click on the verification link in the
verification e-mail that Passport Services will send you when you sign up.

If she's deleted the e-mail or had a spam filter on etc., she can request another one from
Passport Services:
http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...
>
> hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)
>
> When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
> personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the name
> you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown above
> is there but is greyed out.
>
> Any help would be appreciated.
> Thanks

Hi David - íts v 4.7
----------------------------

"DJ" <DJ@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi, my name is David, ill be glad to assist you! First of all, what
> messenger
> version is she running? 5.0? 6.1? That sounds to me like a problem with
> the
> messenger software. She might have to uninstall and reinstall it again, or
> tell her to try putting her e-mail address in the box and see what
> happens!
> If you need some assistance, please feel free to e-mail me at:
> windowsxphelp05@yahoo.com or visit my website (brand new, so nothing
> special..but getting it up soon) http://windowsxphelp05.tripod.com
> thanks,
> and i look forward to helping you!
>
> "Dave Stockdale" wrote:
>
>> Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...
>>
>> hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)
>>
>> When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
>> personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the
>> name
>> you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown
>> above
>> is there but is greyed out.
>>
>> Any help would be appreciated.
>> Thanks

--------
Ah, many thanks.
----------------
> Greetings Dave,
>
> Unfortunately she won't be able to edit her display name unless she
verifies her .NET
> Passport. In order to do this verification she must click on the
verification link in the
> verification e-mail that Passport Services will send you when you sign up.
>
> If she's deleted the e-mail or had a spam filter on etc., she can request
one from
> Passport Services:
> http://register.passport.net/contactus.srf
> Jonathan Kay
> Associate Expert
>
> "Dave Stockdale" <dave@stockdale65.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> > Friend can't change her displayed Status....it shows at the moment...
> >
> > hername@centrum.sk (E-mail address not verified) (on-line)
> >
> > When she highlights her Status then clicks personal settings then the
> > personal tab...she wants to add stuff to the window entitled Type the
name
> > you want others to see ...but she can't...her existing status as shown
above
> > is there but is greyed out.
> >
> > Any help would be appreciated.
> > Thanks