alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

I have XP with only 244 RAM. Is it OK to install SP2? Do
I HAVE to install? Will my computer get any slower if I
do install SP@2?

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Sorry, wrong message board..I will repost on the correct
one.

Hi Alice,

Regardless, SP2 should work fine.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Sorry, wrong message board..I will repost on the correct
> one.

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

If I do NOT put in SP2 (if that is ok) when the automatic
updates gives me a list of updates available, can I
continue to select them and just not ever select SP2?

Jonathan Kay.

>"Alice" <anonymous@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message
>> Sorry, wrong message board..I will repost on the
correct
>> one.

alice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2004

Thanks for all your help--the SP2 and all associated
updates went in just fine--what a relief! thanks again

Hi Alice,

Glad to hear it :)

> Thanks for all your help--the SP2 and all associated
> updates went in just fine--what a relief! thanks again

Hi Alice,

For now yes -- in the future this might change though and there are some updates that are
available in SP2 exclusively.