Problems with MSI K7T Pro2 (MS-6380 V2,0) ???????

G

Is there some one who can tell me if this motherboard, MSI K7T Pro2 (MSI-6380 V2,0), is good or not, I'm on a low budget MB now (ECS-K7S5A) and I wanna change it, but I first wanna be sure before I buy it this time, I already have another MSI geared PC MSI K7T Pro (MSI-6330), so I'm satisfied on it, but I just wanna know for the Pro2....

Greetings.

Black_Cat

Distinguished
Jan 11, 2002
I have a K7T266 Pro 2 mobo and am completely satisfied with it. Believe it or not when I put this system together the secondary IDE channel was not recognized by Windows. A BIOS upgrade was required. That ticked me off a bit. How could a company put out a board that needed a BIOS upgrade before you could get the thing to work properly? I dunno. I've also heard some grumblings about a faulty AGP slot on these boards. Also MSI tech support is non-existent. Keep your K7S5A. You will not see any significant improvement with a KT266A based board. As long as your K7S5A board is running stable (many do not) save yourself a couple of bucks. If you abolutely have to have a KT266A based board get the Abit.

What?

Oilybohunk

Distinguished
Oct 24, 2001
I've just thrown out two of these boards that are less than a month old. Check out my post in this forum entitled, "Is it time to cut my losses?" You should also look at the user forum on the MSI website. Alot of people in that forum are also trashing these boards.

The boards have a bad habit of freezing and then failing to post.

I went back to an Asus A7V266-E. I've built 4 in the last month, and they are running great.

JCC