Windows was unable to load the registry This problem is often caused by insuffic

Hello,
I was using my computer and it was fine earlier...Had a jump drive connected and removed it and shut my system down. When I tried to log in later. This is what I got. HELP!!!

Thank you
Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-User Profiles Service
Date: 8/5/2010 5:35:55 PM
Event ID: 1508
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords:
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Laptop
Description:
Windows was unable to load the registry. This problem is often caused by insufficient memory or insufficient security rights.

DETAIL - The system has attempted to load or restore a file into the registry, but the specified file is not in a registry file format.
2 answers Last reply
More about windows unable load registry problem caused insuffic
  1. during startup, run the computer in safe mode with networking. Then, once your in safe mode with networking, download the following program "Ccleaner" found at www.download.com/ccleaner and run the registry tool until there are no found errors (this may take more than 1-2 tries depending on how much there is to fix)

see if that works.
  2. The other thing to try, if you have a disc, at least you could do this in vista, was to boot from the disc, select repair computer, and there was a tool that would attempt to automatically fix errors that prevented startup.
Ask a new question

Read More

Computers Registry Windows 7