Asus A7v133 stopped posting! Please Help!

yosarian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
My system:
Asus A7v133 mobo
768mb of PC100 DRAM (3x 256)
Athlon 1gb cpu

System was running fine. I did a complete shutdown of the system to transfer the parts to a new new case, but after I assembled the components, the machine wouldn't post. According to the mobo guide, it couldn't find the DRAM. I tried each stick on its own in each of the 3 Dimm slots. I obtained 2 known working sticks of PC100 Dram from work and tried those as well no the same results-mobo couldnt find the DRAM. I even moved everthing back to the original case with the same results-wouldn't post.

Has anybody had this problem or one similar to this?
How can a machine that is working fine one hour, and then all of a sudden stop working?

Any ideas or help is greatly appreciated.

going prematurely grey and balding from ASUS components
mark

girish

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
does it work in your old case or out of the case now, you might have shorted the board somewhere in your new case.

<font color=red>Nothing is fool-proof. Fools are Ingenious!</font color=red>

khha4113

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
Take it outside the case, and test it with minimal components (mobo, CPU and HSF(!), Video card and 1 stick of RAM) to see if it boots.

:smile: Good or Bad have no meaning at all, depends on what your point of view is.

yosarian

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007
it doesnt work in the old case. I havent tried it outside the case yet, so,that is next. I cant imagine where I could have shorted it tho.