no video fior firewire dv camcorder

i have a panasonic dv camcorder with firewire. i get video preview
when opeining audio tuning wizard in windows messenger 4.7 on win xp
sp2. but when starting a video conf. with someone on the line, i see
no video.

please help

hib2@starpower.net
2 answers Last reply
More about video fior firewire camcorder

    Greetings,

    Are you trying to use the video in MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger (I know you said the
    wizard in Windows Messenger, but your wording makes me question it)?
    Jonathan Kay
    Associate Expert

    "hib" <hib2@starpower.net> wrote in message
    >i have a panasonic dv camcorder with firewire. i get video preview
    > when opeining audio tuning wizard in windows messenger 4.7 on win xp
    > sp2. but when starting a video conf. with someone on the line, i see
    > no video.
    >
    > please help
    >
    > hib2@starpower.net

    I am using windows messenger 4.7.

    when i use audio tuning i can see my video camera image.

    when i invite someone else to a video confernece and thy accept, a
    video window opens up. i cannot get the picture in picture option
    because it is greyed out.

    -----------------------------------

    On Mon, 24 Jan 2005 18:10:06 -0500, "Jonathan Kay [MVP]"
    <msnewsreplies@jonathankay.com> wrote:

    >Greetings,
    >
    >Are you trying to use the video in MSN Messenger or Windows Messenger (I know you said the
    >wizard in Windows Messenger, but your wording makes me question it)?
    >Jonathan Kay
    >Associate Expert
    >All posts unless otherwise specified are (c) 2004 Jonathan Kay.
    >
    >"hib" <hib2@starpower.net> wrote in message
    >>i have a panasonic dv camcorder with firewire. i get video preview
    >> when opeining audio tuning wizard in windows messenger 4.7 on win xp
    >> sp2. but when starting a video conf. with someone on the line, i see
    >> no video.
    >>
    >> please help
    >>
    >> hib2@starpower.net

Video Firewire Messenger Camcorders Windows XP