Lousy support from Antec

doheare

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
I bought an Antec Overture case to hold my Intel 865GLC motherboard, Seagate ST34001 hard drive, and Plextor CD-R. Eventually I intend to install my Echo Gina sound card and use the PC for multichannel audio. Because I want to use it for audio, I need a quiet case; because of my desk and studio layout, I wanted a desktop-type case.

I haven't yet installed the audio card, because I can't trust the PC to stay reasonably cool. Under Windows 2000, running Lavasoft AdAware causes the computer to report Zone 2 temperatures over 55 deg. Celsius in under two minutes.

I have emailed Antec support twice on this issue, once August 3, once Aug. 9., and have phoned the tech support number and left messages with my name and phone number. So far, I have received no response at all.

My local vendor is, of course, no help at all. They tried to sell me another case fan (it already has two plus the one in the PS), and referred me to Antec.

Anyone have any suggestions?

peat

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
Antec is not responding. I have been calling and leaving messages at the customer support, tech support and the operator for two days.

Antec Neopower 480 does NOT include the standard Intel motherboard 6 pin aux power connector. You do not find this out until a footnote on page three of the manual tells you to call Antec Customer support to buy one.

There is no other way to order this thing.

peat

Distinguished
Aug 12, 2004
Antec called me back. Bad news for Neopower 480 is the additional power cables to plug into the case receptacles are not expected to even have pricing or availability info for two weeks from now. Antec says wait until then to call about cables.

Fifty-five C under load isn't all that hot. It's not great, true, but I wouldn't really be concerned until you started getting temps of 65+ C under load. What are you using to measure the temp? Sometimes motherboard BIOS can be way off on temp readings... it's best to ensure that you have the latest BIOS for your mobo.

<font color=red> If you design software that is fool-proof, only a fool will want to use it. </font color=red>