Messenger Don't always sign in when online

Hi all
When my internet connection hooks up , my messenger don't allways sign in.
Some times it does and sometimes it don,t.
I have to click on messenger in start menue to get it online.
Why is this and is there a cure fore it ?
Running XP Pro SP2.
Thanks

--
Carl G

Greetings Carl,

Is this when you first boot up? If so, it's possible if you have a third-party firewall that
the firewall isn't fully loaded and therefore Messenger can't connect.
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert

"Carl G" <cgerving@ecenetDOTcom> wrote in message
> Hi all
> When my internet connection hooks up , my messenger don't allways sign in.
> Some times it does and sometimes it don,t.
> I have to click on messenger in start menue to get it online.
> Why is this and is there a cure fore it ?
> Running XP Pro SP2.
> Thanks
>
> --
> Carl G

Hi Jonathan
I use windows firewall and AVG free edition antivirus.
Yes it is when i first boot up. Not every time but most times.
Thanks

--
Carl G