Linksys wireless camera

Last response: in Wireless Networking
a b F Wireless
July 8, 2004 2:00:07 AM

I recently bought the Linksys wireless camera, WVC11B. Although it
works perfectly using my local connection, I can't get it to work from
a remote location using their advertised SoloLink DDNS service. Has
anyone had this problem?
July 8, 2004 6:11:46 AM

I'm using my WVC11B successfully using the SoloLink service, with a Linksys
WRT54G router. I assume you did the port forwarding, and are using the
correct IP address assigned to the camera. If you are using a software
firewall, make sure the camera IP address is listed as trusted.

"Michael Greenberg" <mikegre1@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message
> I recently bought the Linksys wireless camera, WVC11B. Although it
> works perfectly using my local connection, I can't get it to work from
> a remote location using their advertised SoloLink DDNS service. Has
> anyone had this problem?
July 21, 2004 9:56:47 PM

Michael Greenberg <mikegre1@bellatlantic.net> wrote in message news:<tcsoe0lhb0362hao1b49ukvme2dtifc39l@4ax.com>...
> I recently bought the Linksys wireless camera, WVC11B. Although it
> works perfectly using my local connection, I can't get it to work from
> a remote location using their advertised SoloLink DDNS service. Has
> anyone had this problem?

If your using MAC Address Filter on your router/access point, then you
need to enter the MAC address of the camera to the list.

I retrieved this info from http://linksys.custhelp.com

Checking the WVC11B's Wireless Settings
If you are using the WVC11B wirelessly, then please check the
following settings:

1. In the Setup tab, in the "Wireless Settings" section, make
sure the "SSID" value is the same as the rest of your Wireless
Network. All Linksys Wireless Products use an SSID of linksys by
default.

2. If you are using a Wireless Router or Wireless Access Point,
please make sure that the "Network Type" is set to Infrastructure. If
your Wireless Network does not use a Wireless Access Point or Wireless
Router, then set the "Network Type" to Ad-hoc.

· If you have an Ad-hoc Wireless Network, make sure that the
"Channel No." is set to the same channel as the rest of your Ad-hoc
Wireless Network.

3. Make sure that the "WEP" option is set correctly to either
Disable or Enable, depending on whether or not your Wireless Network
is set up to use WEP encryption. All Linksys Wireless Devices have
WEP Disabled by default.

If your Wireless Network is using WEP, make sure Enable is selected,
and click on the Edit WEP Key Settings button. Make sure that your
Passphrase, or WEP Keys and your Default Transmit Key are set to the
same configuration as the rest of your Wireless Network.
4. If you have changed any settings, click on the Apply button to
save changes.

5. After you have checked or changed your wireless settings,
unplug the power cable from the WVC11B and disconnect the Ethernet
cable. Wait 30 seconds, and plug the power cord back in. If the
Wireless settings are correct, then the WVC11B's WLAN link light
should illuminate.
!