Signed out of SIP service

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

I'm using LCS 2005 on my network (Windows Server 2003 Domain).
Quite a lot of my users keep getting signed out of messenger (usually at
night). They're getting this error message -
"You have been signed out of sip communications service because your
authorizations has changed.
please connect again with your new authorizations".

What's causing this?

Amihai Bareket

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Amihai,
There are previous postings in the newgroup which discusses this issue...

Are you on kerboros? Can you try changing it to NTLM and see if it fixes
your problem...

From what I heard this is due to an issue in the windows kerboros
implementation and there is a hot fix available for this issue......

Thanks,
Dhigha

Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup

"Amihai Bareket" <amihai73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm using LCS 2005 on my network (Windows Server 2003 Domain).
> Quite a lot of my users keep getting signed out of messenger (usually at
> night). They're getting this error message -
> "You have been signed out of sip communications service because your
> authorizations has changed.
> please connect again with your new authorizations".
>
> What's causing this?
>
> Amihai Bareket

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

We're using Kerberos.
Can't switch to NTLM due to network and security restrictions.
Do you know the hot fix number for Kerberos?

Thanks,
Amihai

"Dhigha D Sekaran<msft>" <dhigha@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Amihai,
> There are previous postings in the newgroup which discusses this issue...
>
> Are you on kerboros? Can you try changing it to NTLM and see if it fixes
> your problem...
>
> From what I heard this is due to an issue in the windows kerboros
> implementation and there is a hot fix available for this issue......
>
> Thanks,
> Dhigha

> rights.
> Please do not send email to this address, post a reply to this newsgroup
>
> "Amihai Bareket" <amihai73@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>> I'm using LCS 2005 on my network (Windows Server 2003 Domain).
>> Quite a lot of my users keep getting signed out of messenger (usually at
>> night). They're getting this error message -
>> "You have been signed out of sip communications service because your
>> authorizations has changed.
>> please connect again with your new authorizations".
>>
>> What's causing this?
>>
>> Amihai Bareket

Archived from groups: microsoft.public.livecomm.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?)

Amihai,
Tom has a not on his in his blog
http://blogs.msdn.com/toml/

Please see the issue titled "LCS 2003: Windows Messenger on XP clients
signed out overnight using Kerberos"

Also i hear the issue is fixed for w2k3 and winxp2. I am trying to gather
more details on this.
Shall keep you updated.