Problem installing scanner

I am unable to install my scanner on my new computer with Windows XP. When I
use the wizard it tells me to insert the CD and then says that I do not have
the driver to operate the scanner. I have gone to the Canon website and
downloaded the driver for the model of my scanner and then I am still unable
to install the scanner, it tells me that I still do not have a driver.
Obviously I am dong something wrong and need some help. On the Canon
website, my scanner model is compatible with Windows XP. Can someone help me
with this problem.

Jerry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Check the procedures - some hardware requires you to install the drivers
before you plug in the unit so that Windows has ready access to things.